Years 10 and 11
All students take Mathematics. The new GCSE starts in September 2015 and we intend to enter our students for the AQA specification. This will be assessed through three exams for Year 10 and two exams for Year 11, all to be taken at the end of the course.
- Paper 1 - 33.3% Calculator NOT allowed
- Paper 2 - 33.3% Calculator allowed
- Paper 3 - 33.3% Calculator allowed
- Paper 1 - 50% Non Calculator
- Paper 2 - 50% Calculator Allowed
The exams can be taken at either Higher or Foundation level. The final level of entry for each student will not be decided until January of Year 11.
We are considering the possibility of a small group of students entering an additional further Mathematics GCSE, also with AQA. This will also be examined at the end of the two year course.
Mathematics GCSEs will now be graded 1 to 9, with 9 being the top grade.