At KS4 we are one of the most popular option choices for students.
We follow the Edexcel B syllabus; which is broken down into the following unit (each worth 25%):
- Unit 1 – Dynamic Earth – 1 hour 15 mins exam – short and medium length answers.
- Unit 2 – People and the Planet – 1 hour 15 mins exam – short and medium length answers.
- Unit 3 – Decision Making – 1 hour 30 mins exam – based on a topic released in the exam – resource based.
- Unit 4 – Controlled Assessment – Writing up fieldwork task under supervision.
How we help our students to succeed:
- There are department revision guides for Unit’s 1 and 2. These are colour and priced at £4.50 each. They contain case studies, sample exam questions and model answers.
- Homework booklets (Extended Learning Booklets) . These will help you to consolidate learning and practice past exam questions.
- Revision sessions after school – nearer the exams. We offer these for mock exams as well as the real thing.
- Controlled Assessment guide.
The department tries to run a foreign fieldtrip once a year.
In the past we have visited Italy and Iceland – with great success!
You will find that we are a very friendly and open department, all teachers are willing to go the extra mile to help students reach their potential. If you need to contact us please do so at the adjacent email addresses: