Children and Young People’s Workforce
Level 2 Certificate
Why study Children and Young People’s Workforce?
This qualiﬁcation provides an opportunity to study a range of topics from three main areas: child care and education, babysitting and parenting responsibilities. It is ideal for any student thinking about a career in the caring professions.
Learners will find out about safeguarding the welfare of children and young people, nutrition for children, parenting, healthy lifestyles, learning development and play. Work experience is encouraged and will help reinforce learning.
What will you study?
Units covered are likely to include the following:
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Importance of play for early learning
- Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Young children’s development
- Parenting and healthy lifestyles
- Parenting a young baby
- Respecting and valuing children
Method of assessment
It will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include tasks set by OCR, course work or methods such as oral questioning. This course requires a weekly work placement.
- An interest in looking after others
- A willingness to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance
- Participation in all visits and trips
This qualification is ideal for anyone looking to progress onto the Level 3 Health and Social Care course. It is also a good first step into careers or apprenticeships in care work, nursery work, youth work and counselling